FLEET DRIVER TRAINING
- Employers now have a huge responsibility for their employees who drive a motor vehicle on behalf of the company.
- Health and Safety regulations are now a legal requirement and bring the company vehicle into the workplace.
- Corporate Manslaughter Act came into force on the 6th April 2008, leaving Company Management at risk of severe financial penalties or even custodial sentences.
- NEW HEALTH AND SAFETY LAWS. Company directors and managers who ignore the management of employees driving for work could face serious penalties. The new Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008 came into force on the 16th January 2009.
- Managing Occupational Road Risk is now a vital part of senior and middle management and cannot be ignored. Management should ensure that parameters are met in relation to Drivers hours, Speed Limits and overall driver safety etc. Employees must also share the responsibility too. This is where Fleet Driver Training takes over, ensuring that all parties are aware of Health and Safety at work. Company drivers should have taken part in some form of driver training/assessment and if necessary, further remedial training. The Regulations require assessments to be reviewed periodically to ensure it remains valid.
- ADS-UK can provide you with solutions in the form of assessments and driver training. Our instructors are fully qualified experts in this area. Whatever your needs we can help by providing the type of training you require. Half day, full day or assessments, we can tailor training to meet your needs.
- Fuel efficient driver training is built into all our courses.
- To find out more about your responsibilities to your employees, visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/roadsafety/index.htm